Thursday, September 13, 2012

Our first working Thursday ... for one of us it's been a while.

We got home this afternoon and Julie so graciously decided to clean the few dishes we have and it made me think maybe we don't really need dishes?  Here take a peek for yourself:





Today Julie and I went to our other schools for the first time.  Julie taught grades 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 ... well she taught grade 6 twice but it turned our they were actually 4th graders, but it worked out well as they were lovely and very well behaved.  She made a boy cry but we can't be sure that was her fault.  All and all a good day one.

I taught pre-school, grade 1, 2, 3 and 4.  Pre-school, well they are five, it went OK considering.  Then I was told my grade 1 class would take place in the lunch room.  I got set-up and in walked 70 (if not more, they were everywhere) six year olds.  I don't think they learned a thing and two boys somehow got bloody noses but no one died so I'm counting that as a win.  The teachers who were supposed to help me look like they had been beaten by this group a long time ago.  After that it was all pretty good.  Nothing like perspective to put the proper spin on your day. 

Well tomorrow is kindergarten!  How bad could it be?
-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment