Monday, September 17, 2012

Pizza buffet

We set out to find the pizza buffet after lounging around Sunday morning.  It was a slow start as one of us got up at midnight to watch football and didn't make it back to bed until a little after three.  Once we made it off campus we hopped on the bus and headed into town.  We got a nice long walk in town as I pulled us off the bus about five stops early.  Once we made it to the restaurant - there was a journey around the entire intersection but that is just how things go when you can't read any of the signs - we took a few minutes to attempt an decode the buffet process in China.  Turns out it's pretty much the same as in the USA.  You pay up front for so so food and then leave in pain.  Now we don't have to worry about going there again.

After lunch it was off the Wu-mart.  It's probably about the same square footage as a Wal-Mart but it's on four levels.  The top level is household items, clothes, electronics; then you get pet food and some other things I can't remember and we didn't need; then fresh food and finally the ground floor is packaged food.  Shopping is still shopping and not my favorite choir, but we did get almost everything on our list, however I haven't figured out if people wear contact lens here and whether or not I can buy saline, that'll just be for another day.

On our way to dinner we bumped into the one Chinese person we know in our neighborhood who isn't a coworker.  She was on the way to the spa but instead on walking us to dinner and helping us order our meal.  Very nice but a little pushy.  I've been told China is a land of contradictions and I think nice but pushy is a good example of just that.

I hated that I had to miss the golf outing this weekend but it sounds like it went off with out a hitch.  I'm in for next year.

Hope you all have a wonderful day,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment